90% of all issues can be resolved by reviewing the FAQs on this page. Support tickets will be answered in the order received. Our goal is to have most support issues resolved on the same business day.
Other Support Pages
For help with IRS e-Services Account including initial sign up, assigning delegated users and problems logging in.
Learn how to operate the program like a pro using video tutorials and the THS User Manual.
Phone Support Available
9AM-6PM, Mon-Fri Eastern (404) 910-3605
On weekends and holidays the IRS often times does maintenance on their systems. We recommend waiting until Monday to troubleshoot transcript download issues.
Try logging in 3 or 4 times before canceling. The program will cycle through 3 different login methods and sometimes a subsequent method will work. If one of the other methods works you can set it to your default in the System–>Download Transcript Settings–>Change Login Method
The IRS insists they are not blocking people. 403 blocks last anywhere from a couple for minutes to 24 hours. Logging into multiple IRS services with the same login credentials at the same time (example downloading transcripts with THS and then logging into the 2848 upload portal simultaneously) has caused the lockout for some.
If locked out longer than 24 hours try these other steps and reach out to support by completing a Support Ticket.
Check your reputation on the IRS Bot Detector here: https://www.akamai.com/us/en/clientrep-lookup/
Also, see if you can open Footlocker.com If you are blocked let us know they use the same bot detector as the IRS.
99% of the time if the program fails to install or the update fails it is caused by the antivirus or firewall on the users computer. Try temporarily disabling the software and trying again. Occasionally, a system file needs to be renamed after the uninstall. go to C:\Users\”your user profile”\AppData\LocalIf that does not work contact us 404-910-3605 or support@AuditDetective.com. This error often looks like this (or similar):
If you get an error stating unable to install THS Printer run the manual install at the following link:
Currently, all the Tax Help Software products access Tax Transcripts through the IRS E-Services Portal. For the network version non e-Service users can access the program. When setting the the program password select the checkbox for non e-Service users.
This indicates that there is an ID Theft Indicator on the account. When an ID Theft Indicator exists there is no way to download the transcripts electronically. You can call the IRS ID Theft Protection Unit and request them via fax under POA, 8821, or have the client call directly. The number is: 800-908-4490
99% of the time this indicates the CAF number was improperly input when setting up the system. Please follow these steps carefully to rectify the issue.
- Please call the IRS Priority Practitioner Service at 866-860-4259 and confirm your CAF Number and that your 2848 or 8821 has been processed. It usually takes 3-5 business days for 2848/8821 acceptance. Also, be aware need the CAF number assigned to the tax professional. CAF’s assigned to businesses cannot be used with the Transcript Delivery System.
- PLEASE DO NOT SKIP STEP 1. Many users skip this step because they are positive they know their CAF number because they have used it for years. The IRS does on occasion change CAF numbers especially when there has been a name change. Also, just because you have been putting this CAF number on 2848/8821 forms and getting transcripts via fax does not mean it is correct. The IRS does not input your CAF number into the system when entering 2848/8821 forms. It populates automatically when they bring you up in their system by name and enrollment number (or CPA/Attorney number).
- Log into E-Services directly and request a transcript using the verified CAF number. Request at least one transcript for someone you know you have a 2848/8821 Form processed. If it does not pass the CAF Check and you followed Steps 1 & 2 please call us at 404-910-3605.
- To re-enter your CAF into the THS program just click on the “Update E-Service Info” button on the login screen. Enter your Username, password, and CAF number and then select “OK” if you already have an Organization selected (if not retrieve your organizations and select the proper one).
- Request a CAF Check or a transcript request. Once you have one successful request your CAF is verified.
- The CAF number does not have a direct contact number but the IRS does have IRS Stakeholder Liaisons that can help if there is an issue with your CAF. Click Here for their contact info.
This is a Microsoft Program that is already on most computers. Occasionally it fails to install. This is a required program THS needs to create a database on your computer. This program can be installed manually.
- Go to https://www.taxhelpsoftware.com/Downloads/SQL_Install_Files.zip and download the zip file.
- When the program asks where you would like to extract the files to I recommend the Desktop so you can easily find them. The two files you need are SSCERuntime-ENU & SSCERuntime_x64-ENU. (These files can be deleted after they are installed).
- Install the SSCERuntime-ENU version first. After it is complete install the SSCERuntime-x64-ENU if your computer is a 64 bit (If it is not a 64 bit it won’t install).
- Once the program is installed you should be able to download and install the THS Program. Here is the install link: http://taxhelpsoftware.com/Products/THS_Pro_Product.html
Please install this Microsoft Program and then try reinstalling. For most users this is automatic but occasionally it needs to be done manually:
- Download Database Program File Here: https://download.microsoft.com/download/8/D/D/8DD7BDBA-CEF7-4D8E-8C16-D9F69527F909/ENU/x64/SqlLocalDB.MSI
- Run this file after it downloads. This is a Microsoft file needed for the Database in THS.
Please complete a support ticket at the top of this page and include your license number (this is a bunch of random letters separated by hyphens and explain you got the hardware ID message and we will reset your license.
This occurs when the license is being installed multiple times or the hardware on the original machine has changed.