THS IRS Transcript Tools Install
Click Install Button To Start. ———————————>
Setup.exe file will be downloaded to your downloads folder
Click on the setup.exe file in your downloads folder and install will start.
The Product License Key is emailed to you. Check your spam folder and contact us if you did not receive.
NOTE: You should temporarily disable your anti-virus during the install.
THS is a Windows program only. Apple/MAC users can still use the product using Bootcamp or Parallels. If you are not able to use THS on your device please reach out for a refund.
What Do You Need To Use THS
(and the IRS E-Services Transcript Delivery System)
The criteria to request IRS transcripts through THS or the IRS Transcript Delivery System are the same. You need IRS E-Services Login Account, access to an IRS E-File Identification Number (EFIN), A CAF Number and Permission from the Taxpayer.
Once you sign up for an e-Services Account (see instructions above) register for an EFIN (Alternatively an EFIN holder can assign you as a Delegated User. See instructions below):
- Log into e-Services:Click Here
- Click on “New Application” –> “e-File Application”
- If you are an EA, CPA or Tax Attorney who does not file tax returns select Business Type = Sole Proprietorship NO to the Do you have an EIN Question (Answer no even if your company has an EIN. You are signing up as an individual. If you sign up under an EIN you must have 5 E-Filed returns for any tax year.)
- Complete the rest of the application and make sure you submit it at the end with your PIN from your e-Service Account.
- Check back in e-Services once a week to check the application status (you will wait an extra couple of weeks if you wait for the letter in the mail). This process can take 1 week after tax season and 4-6 weeks at the start of tax season.
- You will not be able to submit the application until you confirm your e-Service Account when first signing up for e-Services.
- Any issues call IRS e-Help Desk 866-255-0654 or THS at 404-910-3605. We are happy to help.
- Enrolled Agents
- Any tax professional who has an EFIN with at least 5 E-Filed tax returns.
- Be an assigned Delegated User of an entity or individual who has access. See the instructions on this page.
Follow these steps:
- Go to: https://la.www4.irs.gov/esrv/tds/
- Enter your username and submit.
- Click on Forgot Password and follow the instructions.
There are 2 ways to verify access to the Transcript Delivery System:
- Login to e-Services. Select the organization you believe has access. On the main e-Services page you should see a link for the Transcript Delivery System. If you see it you have access.
- Call the IRS e-Help Desk (1-866-255-0654) and ask them if you have access.
Many times individuals should have access to the Transcript Delivery System but it is not turned on in the IRS system. If you should have access the IRS e-Help Desk can assist you with getting it activated.
Tax professionals who have an EFIN can grant access to IRS Transcript Delivery System (TDS) to their employees as designated users. Designated Users can not get transcripts for the EFIN holder’s CAF number. The delegated users have to be listed on the 2848/8821 with their own CAF number.If an 8821 is submitted under the firms CAF number Delegated Users can request transcripts over the phone through PPL and have them placed in their SOR mailbox, but they can not access them directly through TDS.
To assign a Delegated User:
- Log into e-Services e-Application portal: https://la.www4.irs.gov/esrv/esam/pages/landingPage.xhtml
- Once logged in select the EFIN to add the Delegated User.
- Select “Authorized Users” and select “Add New”.
- Enter the Delegated User’s info and then follow the steps to save and submit.
IRS Transcript Management System
The original program that requests, downloads, and analyzes IRS Transcript Data to find opportunities and issues with your client’s taxes.